Sunday, August 14, 2011

a few random things


I slept all day yesterday. Pretty much literally. I enjoyed it thoroughly and didn't feel like I was wasting the day at all. I just felt like it was much needed. I was slightly more awake today but not anymore productive. I did find a cute "wristlet" which is a clutch with a wrist strap basically. It was cute and helped me downsize my purse considerably. It seems the bigger my purse is, the more crap I feel I need to carry with me unnecessarily.

Friday was a fun night. My friend Liz's friend Matt is a filmmaker. He is trying to raise money for a documentary about Native American artists with a purpose. Basically, it is about art to raise money within their community for health, homes, etc... the big epidemic within the Native American community is diabetes, which I am familiar with through my career. These artists use proceeds to fund anything positive in the community. It seems like it will be a great doc. So, friday was a fundraiser. I got to see my friend Danielle and her wife Cole and their 5month old Bex who is freakin adorable. Also saw a few more friends I hadn't seen in a while which was cool. Otherwise, I would have been at home on the couch, so I felt it was a great Friday.




Later this evening I am going to watch lifechurch on the internet, because I overslept (somehow) today and missed mass. I like lifechurch. It's not mass, but there's really no way to have mass online. It just wouldn't work. This is more like a bible study almost for me, but I enjoy it. It is definitely convenient when I miss mass. I still get that spiritual fulfillment.

We haven't had Madie all week, because we had her all week last week. We get her back Tuesday. She always keeps me awake and moving to say the least. She's a good kid and really for all the chaos in her life handles it really well, a well adjusted 4 year old, if you ask me.

Another, different Liz and I were supposed to get together Saturday, but she didn't feel well. So, we rescheduled for next weekend. Looks like we're heading to whitewater with the kids. At the beginning of the summer, I was all about laying out at our pool every weekend getting my tan on, but I'm so over it with this heat. I do think whitewater will be fun though.

Today, I have watched a lot of phineas and ferb, read, and found my wristlet on sale for $6 with a 20% off coupon, so basically that ruled. What a find!

I posted earlier, and I really liked the quote I found. I love you all and am praying for you especially hard today.

No comments:

Post a Comment