Thursday, September 30, 2010

reasons i love fall and hate winter

oh how i love fall. i wish it lasted longer! my very favorite is to be outside on a cool night with a breeze and bright stars and moon in the sky with a flannel shirt and ripped jeans. perfect.

i love cheesy kid halloween movies. top 5-5. haloweentown; 4. gremlins; 3. monster house; 2. when good ghouls go bad; and 1. hocus pocus! i also love the genuinely scary ones, but mostly just spooky not bloody. i like mysteries more than gore. i don't like gore. i mean, it doesn't scare me it just grosses me out. if i wanted to see that, i would have been a surgery nurse. gag. whatever.

it's the perfect temperature for 2 weeks in oklahoma. you can leave the windows open without any artificial heat or air. you can wear shorts and a hoodie or jeans and a t shirt and mix it up. i love it. i seriously wish it lasted longer! boo for being so short.

then, boo here comes winter. i hate you mother nature. you're a terrible entity. you tease me with two weeks of my most favorite perfect time and then you bring on icy hell. freezing winds burn my cheeks. snow and ice stick me in the house where i have to stock up on food and toilet paper. i get cabin fever. i have to take my dog out down icy treacherous stairs that i inevitably fall down, and let me tell you, it freakin hurts. and it freaks the dog out. but mostly it hurts. then i get down the godforsaken stairs to the sheet of ice below where my dog in his sweater, because he's twelve pounds and freezes, pees as fast as he can and i fall again and just say screw it and crawl back to and up the stairs to my door. ya. that's why i love fall and hate winter.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah but when it is winter and you are iced in you get to write me all those fun letters about how much you hate mother nature. That is fun, right?

    ReplyDelete