Sunday, September 12, 2010

For Zane

Zane Able Korenak,

You are an all too blessed child. I know you've had your rough share in your 2&1/2 months of life, but you are so loved by so many. Unfortunately, one who loved you the most won't be able to share that love with you anymore. Here are some things I want you to know about your Grandpa Blakley.

He was the most amazing man there ever was.

He was an amazing father, to your mother and aunt and uncle but to me as well. My dad didn't know how to be a dad, so when I needed one, your grandpa stepped up. He didn't just do it for me, but for anyone who needed a dad. All these amazing qualities he had let him be an amazing father.

He was very loving. He loved his friends, his students but especially his family and most recently you, dear one. He loved those who didn't have others to love them.

He was sensitive. He was sensitive in himself to what others felt about him but to others needs as well. One thing he was not sensitive to was how many people loved him.

He was loved. He was a friend, a father to those who didn't have one, a teacher, and he was shocked, I"m sure, to find out just how many people were saddened by his loss.

He was smart. He was a teacher, and he was smart enough to find a way to make kids love learning, especially mole day.

He was caring. He cared about everyone he ever came into contact with. He would give them the shirt off his back if they needed it.

He was hard working. He worked as a teacher but also as a farmer. He took care of the land he loved and the people he loved.

The one thing I do wish your grandpa knew before he left us was how much we all loved him, not for lack of expressing it. He thought so much of others that sometimes he forgot to think a little more of himself, and we all thought the world of him.

we love you

1 comment:

  1. Jess
    I read this days ago but couldn't decide what to say because everything makes me cry. Thanks so much for the beautiful words about my Dad. I will print this off and show Zane when he is old enough to understand what an amazing Grandfather he had. Thank you so much for being such a great blessing to me and my entire family. We love you!

    ReplyDelete