Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Grandparents

My grandparents are the most amazing people in the world. My parents had a period of criminal insanity. If it weren't for my grandparents, I would be more insane than I am. They are the first people who loved me unconditionally. I didn't get that from my parents. My parents aren't bad people, but there was a time when it didn't go well between us, and my grandparents loved me. I spent summers with them as a child, and there was nowhere I would rather be. My parents went on vacation one time and gave me a choice to stay with g&g or go with them, and I stayed with g&g. They are my safe place, and they live in the hood. I do visualization of my room at gramma lehman's when I'm anxious, to relax. It has been very hard to lose Grampa Lehman and watch Grampa Bales decline. Grampa Bales has parkinsons that is really affecting his mind. I'm obviously his favorite, and he forgot my name one day when I went to visit him. That was pretty tough. Gramma Lehman has been in descent health until hit by a truck. It is just scary and hard to grow up and lose the people that have always loved me.

1 comment:

  1. Hit by a truck!!! Unbelievable to the max...I can't even imagine. Keep us updated and we are holding her and all of you in our hearts and prayers. Say everything you need to say to her. Tell her you love her and will forever. Don't wait until she gets better. I have missed lots of opportunities to say things to people because I was waiting. Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete